Thursday, January 13, 2005

Republicans can be SO sensitive!

On January 5th, an email from me appeared in "BackTalk" section of the local paper. This is what it said:

American resources misguided
A message from Bush: To the thousands of people affected by the Asian tidal waves and to the relatives and friends of the dead, to the injured and homeless and to those who will be enduring food and water shortages and disease in the near future: You have the heartfelt sympathy of the president of the United States. Unfortunately, hearfelt sympathy is all you have because I'm using most of America's resources to kill Iraqis. Sorry. - GRIFFITH

Apparently, my email struck a nerve with one of the readers. Here's his/her reply from today's paper:

Bush is an honest man
To the Griffith resident who said, in his so-called message from President Bush, that America's resources are misguided: Get over it. People like you are helping America's enemies destroy this country, along with the liberal news media, the ACLU and the liberal Democrats in Congress. Mr. Bush is an honest man who says what he means. - DeMOTTE

Well...I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to get over, but I'm STILL trying to figure out how I'm helping America's enemies destroy the country. I suppose there MIGHT be groups of America's enemies scattered across the globe who subscribe to the NorthWest Indiana Times and who wait each day to see if I've sent another of my scathing anti-Bush comments in...but I somehow doubt it. As for the liberal news media...they really don't call Bush out a whole lot on his shenanigans anymore. Jon Stewart's really the only one who does that...and admittedly his show is "fake news". The ACLU? What have we heard from them lately? And the "liberal" Democrats in Congress are what keep that whole "two-party system" thing going. What does this guy want? An all-Republican Congress? That would pretty much defeat the purpose of having a representative system of government, wouldn't it? Mr. Bush is an honest man? I really don't know him that well...but somehow, I doubt it. Mr. Bush says what he means? I can hardly understand most of what he says. He's not the most eloquent man, is he? For numerous examples of Bush's eloquence, click on "Republicans can be SO sensitive!" (in green) at the top of this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mr.D: Thank you for writing such insightful blogs. Whenever I try to write about politics, I sound like an idiot. That's why I stick to dreams of me in high school and how after living in this city for five months now, I've only seen two (really) whopping celebrities. The way they make LA sound, it's like there are so many freakin' celebrities out here that you can't walk ten feet without tripping over one of them. Anyway, keep posting. : )

    ReplyDelete